Travelling between the UK and the EU

From 1 October EU citizens who do not hold Settled/ Pre-settled status will not be able to use their national ID cards to travel to the UK. They will need a valid passport when entering the UK. The passport should be valid for the whole time they are in the UK.

EU citizens with Settled/ Pre-settled status/ pending applications to the EU Settlement Scheme can continue to use their national ID cards to travel to the UK after 1 October 2021 until at least the end of 2025.

Support services in Denny

We are delighted to announce that Forth Valley Migrant Support Network was awarded a grant to expand our services in Denny area with a weekly surgery. This is a pilot project is funded by Kingsburn Wind Energy Ltd Community Fund (Denny), administered by Foundation Scotland.  As part of the project we will provide free support service for migrant workers and people whose first language is not English in Denny:
  • Information and advocacy support
  • Settled Status application
  • Forms (paper or online) filling
  • Welfare benefit entitlement checks
  • Consumer rights
  • Digital Inclusion

Postal vote

Do not forget that you need to return your completed ballot papers to the election team before 10pm on Thursday 6th May.

Right to vote

In February 2020, the Scottish Parliament passed a new law which extends the right to vote in Scottish elections to people who are over 16 and live in Scotland. No matter where you were born, if you are a resident in Scotland you can now vote in all Scottish elections.

To vote in the Scottish Parliament elections in May, you must register by Monday 19 April here:

Why should you vote?

The Scottish Parliament has powers to make laws for Scotland in a range of areas including health, education, housing, justice and the environment.  When you vote, you  make your voice heard and have a say on who represents you on issues that directly affect your day-to-day.

Registering to vote improves your credit score. If you want to rent, get a mortgage, credit card or a mobile telephone contract, it really helps if you are on the electoral roll.

Ways to vote

In person

You can vote in person at a polling station. You’ll be sent a poll card just before an election telling you when to vote and at which polling station.

By post

A postal vote lets you vote from your own home. You need to apply for a postal vote by completing an application form by 6th April.

By proxy

If you’re unable to vote in person you can ask someone to vote on your behalf. This is called a proxy vote. You need to apply for a proxy vote by  completing a form by 27th April.